10/20/2004

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Posted by Brandon |

In the post about the Hitchhiker's Guide Movie a couple of days ago I linked to a website thinking that it would be about the book the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Instead I linked to a website that really is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy called h2g2. It was really late and I was tired and didn't really do my research.

Anyway, the h2g2 website is amazing. It's inspiration comes from The Hitchhiker's Guide book and is basically a guide to everything written by people all over the world. The website says that "the result is a living, breathing guide that's constantly being updated and revised, driven forward by the very people who use it."

On the site you can find everything from a review of Lynnwood, WA to a biography of Æthelred II the Unready. There is just a ton of information and the great thing is that you can add your own reviews with ease. I'm planning on adding some reviews of my own. I was surprised to see that the travel sections are actually pretty bare especially when it comes to travel reviews of the United States. Most likely I will add some reviews of Washington State starting with Olympia and maybe moving on to Mukilteo and then maybe some reviews of some hidden gem restaurants in Seattle that most tourists wouldn't usually hear about.

So please visit my space on h2g2. I'll probably let all of my faithful four or five readers know when I have written something so you can check it out. If you register for the website please leave your username in the comments section so I can check out your space. Thanks!

0 comments:

Subscribe