10/16/2004

The Hitchhiker's Guide Movie

Posted by Brandon |

I just learned something both exciting and disturbing while reading a review of Mos Def's new album. Mos has been cast and has just finished filming the movie version of one of my favorite books, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Mos Def plays Ford Prefect in the film.

Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay years ago before his death in 2001 (which I just learned about) so hopefully it won't be bastardized to much. Martin Freeman is going to play Arthur Dent. I don't know to much about him but the message boards I saw seemed to be ok with him. Sam Rockwell from Confessions of a Dangerous Mind is playing Zaphod Beeblebrox and John Malkovich will make an appearance as a character that doesn't appear in the book.

I just hope they get this right. It sounds like it has been kicking around for years and was nearly thrown away after Adams passed away. I like the cast so far and but I'm concerned about the director Garth Jennings. This is his first feature film after doing mainly music videos and ads. He could make this a disaster or totally blow us away with something new. The movie is slated for release in June of 2005

0 comments:

Subscribe