1/06/2009

Wii!

Posted by Brandon |

My blogging career is being threatened my friends. Just a few weeks away from my five year blogiversary, I'm in trouble. For I got a Wii for Christmas and Mario Kart is seriously taking up a lot of my very precious time.

Sadly though, I still suck at video games. I was once good...no great...like Fred Savage great. But that was in the days of the Nintendo and Super Nintendo - I could lick any of you in a game of Super Tecmo Bowl - after that though, I fell apart. In college we would have days long marathons of Bond and college football and I would always be the whooping boy. The more complicated and button heavy the games got, the more I totally sucked it up.

Anyway, if you want to beat up on a crummy video game player in Mario Kart, Tiger Woods Golf, NHL Hockey or some baseball game I haven't played yet - those are the games that I have other than Wii Sports - let me know.

Blog Culture Box Update - I've decided to make the Blog Culture Box a bi-weekly feature here at Down With Pants! Look for it next week. In the meantime, if you'd like to participate, let me know. I'm taking any and all, even if you've participated in the past.

13 comments:

Avitable said...

Mario Kart is fun. I also suggest:

Lego Star Wars
Lego Batman
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Those are fun one-person games. And even old men like ourselves who used to be awesome at video games can play them pretty well.

I'd be up for the Blog Culture Box whenever you want.

Unknown said...

Ted has a Wii and it is fun. I was going to also suggest Twilight Princess but it's a huge time investment. It was taking me so long with all of the tasks that I actually got tired of playing (at 60 hrs), but I've finished other RPG games. Ted also liked Mario Galaxy, which was kind of an easy/fun game that reminded me of an updated version of Super Mario Brothers (but without the brother).

Anonymous said...

Animal Crossing. With Wii Speak. OMG, addictive but only if you go for that sort of thing.

I have had to make myself a deal...one day on blogs, one day on wii, and so on and so on.

Dan said...

I just can't find the time for my wii these days, and so also suck at everything. The only thing i'm playing at the moment is Batman Lego - which is great as you can't actualy die in it.

Whenever you need a blog culture box i'm always up for it.

Anonymous said...

My sister got a Wii, but I suck at playing it so I haven't been around to play yet :(

Blog Poster said...

If you were good at the old Nintendo games, have you heard of the new old-school Mega Man 9? Made me wish I had a Wii ...

anthony said...

Sign me up for the box!

An Wii Cheer? AMAZING!

kapgar said...

Yeah, Blog Culture Box is bi-weekly until next week when you're still so busy with the Wii that it becomes tri-weekly and so on...

Whit said...

The Lego Star Wars is awesome. Get the full saga and never blog again!

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

My feelings are hurt I haven't been asked to partake in the blog box so I guess I'll go public w/ that. Hint.

Anonymous said...

Netflix will begin streaming movies and TV shows to PlayStation 3 consoles in the US from November: itworld.com/personal-tech/82305/netflix-coming-playstation-3

Anonymous said...

Greenpeace analyzed a PlayStation 3, a Wii and an Xbox 360 Elite for its report "Playing Dirty," published Tuesday. It says all consoles actually represent environmental hazards! itworld.com/game-consoles-contain-environmental-hazards-080520

Anonymous said...

New York will beam disaster alerts to Xbox gamers soon. 'Liberty City' to test emergency broadcasts via consoles reghardware.co.uk/2009/11/25/xbox_ebs/

Subscribe