5/05/2008

Quiet Riot Redux

Posted by Brandon |

This is another retread of a previous post, but I've been reading all of these TequilaCon recaps and have read a lot about extroverts and introverts and whatnot and it just reminded me of this I, Anonymous.

Now, I'm not saying anything about any of you or how I would act at TequilaCon - I'm definitely going next year and will be as social as possible - it just reminded me of it. Don't read any more than that into it...


I've been wanting to get this on my blog for a while now. It appeared in the Stranger's feature I, Anonymous a couple of years ago and it's been hanging around my room. It's about time us shy people stand up for ourselves! I might not be as angry as this writer, but I know where he's coming from.

"A tip for all you annoying, sunshiny extroverts who seem to think shyness is a form of mental retardation. My personality is not a goddamn handicap that I need to overcome. Leave me in peace and quit acting like it's your personal mission to take us shy people on like we're some kind of 'project'. Operation 'Bring You Out Of Your Shell.' Not only is it arrogant and maddening that you assume we want to be like you, but hey, you know what - I really don't want your hugs either. And it's not because I can't bring myself to 'open up' and 'get comfortable.' It's because I think you are full of bullshit and have deluded ideas about socializing. I don't want help! I like my personality. And I like the fact that I don't fucking chitchat or try to make new friends, like some kind of dog sniffing every bitch ass that walks by. I'm not a charity case. You are a freak. Stop trying to fix me and please just let me enjoy the melancholic alienation that I've come to so glamorize." - Anonymous

1 comments:

Avitable said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sounds like one of my employees who doesn't like Britt.

Subscribe