Posted by Brandon |


My Final Wishes


When my grandpa died a couple months ago, I thought about bringing this motorized hula dancer that he loved to his memorial. Then I thought that what I should've done was hire him a real hula dancer to dance for him one last time. That would've been perfect. That would've been so random and so great.

It was on that day that I decided that what I want out of my memorial is a cavalcade of ridiculousness. I want to have a random circus of nonsense. To ensure that, I might have to have a secret plan devised years in advance. We'll see.

But one thing shouldn't be a secret, I want somebody to reenact this scene from The Big Lebwoski in it's entirety (edit: they can do it like a play at my memorial with fake ashes and they don't need to change the name)...


Oh, and I want to be stuffed wagging my finger and placed in the living room.

6 comments:

Avitable said...

So, wait. You want to be cremated AND stuffed?

Brandon said...

Avitable - No, that doesn't make any sense. I mean I just want the scene to be reenacted - like a play - at my memorial. I need to make that clear.

Chalupa said...

Have you told this to anyone? If you oversaw getting some people lined up for this and had them practice, I'm sure you'd have a much greater chance of it happening.

chalupa
Lebowski Podcast

Brandon said...

chalupa - That is definitely true but I hope not to have a memorial for a good long time. It's never too early to plan, but chances are, the people that will do the reenactment might not eve be born yet.

Anonymous said...

Pfft, I can do the scene by heart right now. Of course, I might have Alzheimer's by the time you die so you may or may not be able to count on me.

Karl said...

I've said this before, but I need to see The Big Lebowski again. I'll be happy to step in for you at your funeral, as long as you return the favor.

Subscribe