9/11/2006

More Remembering September 11, 2001

Posted by Brandon |

I thought that I was done with writing about September 11th, I was ready to move on.

But while flipping through the channels I came across Countdown with Keith Olbermann and his special comment on 9/11, a scathing commentary and plea directed toward George W. Bush and his government mere minutes before his address to the nation. It summed up everything that I have ever wanted to say since that day and made me more angry and more sad than I have ever been about the whole situation.

To watch the video, click here (sadly, you must use Internet Explorer to watch). To read the full transcript, click here.

After Olbermann's comments you can listen to President Bush's address to the nation in which he says and does everything that Olbermann accused him of doing. It was an insensitive and disturbing address that was not a tribute but a sad attempt to use the memory of this day to advance his failing agenda.

In the words of Keith Olbermann: "We have not forgotten, Mr. President. You have. May this country forgive you."

0 comments:

Subscribe