5/03/2005

Stream of Consciousness Blogging

Posted by Brandon |

Ok, so this is a little experiment. Honestly, I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut writing so I think I'm going to try something new tonight. I'm going to ask Death? to give me a subject and then I will rant away for a paragraph or so typing whatever comes to mind. Please join me in this great experiment, won't you! Updates to follow!

9:56 PM - Death?: "I'm not going to tell you what to write about!" - Well this experiment is off to a grand start. Death? is busy packing and getting ready for a wedding and I'm only interested in giving people something to read while I'm away. Soooooooo Sorry! I promise I'll get more out of her in a little bit.

10:04 PM - Death? "You know what, maybe you should go down and get yourself a light bulb and fix the light yourself" - Ridiculous! I'm supposed to be writing notes to my mom and grandma and her mom and yet I have to get a light bulb for the desk light? Seriously, does that make any sense? Well, here I go, all the way downstairs...(we aren't really fighting by the way, it just kind of sounds that way. Just playful banter).

10:11 PM - Death? "Why don't you care that the Sonics are in the playoffs?" - Finally, a real question. I don't really know why I don't care about the Seattle Supersonics but I don't. I worked for them for two years, they are playing really well, they were always my favorite team when I was younger but now I could care less how they do. Actually, I'm starting to enjoy my local sports teams doing bad. It can be more entertaining. I listen to a lot of sports radio and all the complaining is kind of fun. Of course that doesn't mean I won't hop on the bandwagon if they make the finals!

11:11 PM - I have just realized that there is a word that will be used in our wedding ceremony that I have never heard before. The word is promulgation. Death? says that it means increasing and continuing basically. I have my doubts. I don't think it's a word at all. Just random letters put together to throw me for a loop and make me look dumb on my wedding day.

11:35 - Death? "I'm not sleeping, I'm just laying here" - She tells me this after I told her to change into sleep clothes since she is just laying on the bed with her eyes shut. She will be asleep soon enough but in full dress. She swears she's not going to sleep but I've heard that line before in cars, in airplanes, on the couch, at the supermarket, in surgery, while walking...


Morning Update - Anyway, that didn't work out as well as I had hoped it would. Too many other things to do last night plus an uncooperative Death? didn't help. It's understandable though, I was shirking my responsibilities to do some blogging so you can understand her uncooperativeness (is that a word?). Anyway, I think it's an interesting idea and I'm going to do it again some time when Death? can feed me rantable subjects and not get mad at me for being a slacker.

0 comments:

Subscribe