5/26/2005

Oprah Is Sending Signals

Posted by Brandon |

Something happened today at work that freaked me out and, unsurprisingly, it had everything to do with Oprah.

A couple of months ago I wrote about The Conet Project, a series of CD's that have recordings of "numbers stations" from around the world. These "numbers stations" appear out of nowhere and broadcast nothing but people reading random numbers. Nobody really knows what they are but most people think that the numbers are code being sent to spies out in the field. No matter what they are, they are still really, really creepy and too weird for words.


This morning when I got to work I turned on the radio. Currently it's set on 87.9 FM so that I can listen to my IPod. I have one of those FM transmitter so I can listen to it in the car or at work or wherever I might not be able to hook it up. Usually the station is totally blank, there is absolutely nothing on it. But today I was shocked to hear Oprah spewing out the speakers. For some reason her show was being broadcast on 87.9 FM, and I sure as hell didn't like it.

I've always had a feeling there was something sinister about Oprah and today my suspicions were validated. She's really a secret operative running an unholy army of housewives and today 87.9 FM in the Seattle market was their "numbers station". You may not be able to pick up her code when you watch her show on TV, but over the radio it takes on a totally different form.

Someday she's going to give Order 66 over 87.9 FM, then we're all in trouble. Watch your back my friends. Oprah and her army might turn on you at any time.

0 comments:

Subscribe