2/14/2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

Posted by Brandon |

Happy Valentine's Day everybody! I don't have a lot of time to write too much about V-Day but I wanted to quickly suggest a movie for your viewing pleasure tonight if you are spending it with someone.

My buddy wrote a short article for the Oklahoma University newspaper about the most romantic movies. He listed some good ones including my personal favorite movie, Amelie. But he didn't heed my advice and use the incredibly sexy and surprisingly romantic 2002 movie, Secretary, starring James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I thought this movie was going to be a really dark and twisted film. Usually I don't like films that make sexually deviant behavior look so, well, deviant. Instead, Secretary understands that some deviant behavior is normal and useful and fulfils exactly what some people need and want. That's why it works out so great in the end. At it's core, Secretary is a love story, and a good one at that.

So go out and rent it now, enjoy your Valentine's Day evening and you can thank me for what happens after the movie tomorrow.

0 comments:

Subscribe