12/12/2004

Modest Mouse and Ted Leo

Posted by Brandon |

I just saw Modest Mouse perform on the Last Laugh '04 on Comedy Central tonight and they were predictably unpredictable. They truly are one of the most hit or miss live bands ever and tonight they were mostly miss. Isaac Brock had a massive shiner, a scratchy voice and barely hit any of the guitar notes that are the signature of their hit song "Float On". However the song is so good that even when they struggle to get it right it still manages to sound incredible. Modest Mouse is the happiest train wreck I have ever seen.

Also tonight I saw the new video "Me & Mia" by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists on MTV2's Subterranean. It is such a great song and the video is so simple and cool. It makes me want to run out and buy the CD right now. But alas I did something stupid and put it on my Amazon wish list the other day meaning that it may have been purchased already and I'm just going to have to wait and see if I get it as a gift.

0 comments:

Subscribe