4/26/2010

At-Bat Music for Twits

Posted by Brandon |

A couple weeks ago, on baseball's opening day, The Current asked the question what at-bat music would you choose for Tiger Woods, Bob Ross, Amy Winehouse, Richard Dawkins and Sarah Palin. It got me to thinking what people would pick for themselves if they had the option.

So today I posted the question "what music would you choose for your at-bat music?" on Twitter. Here are the responses, which ended up being the perfect amount to fill out a lineup. Best way to do this is to hit play on the video and then in your head, or better yet, in your best PA announcer voice and at full lungs, announce the batter...


Leading off, centerfielder, #24, All That Comes With It Dan...


(We'll give Dan a break since he's from the UK and probably has never seen an at-bat)


Batting second, the second baseman, #35, HelloHaHaNarf...




Batting third, third baseman, #7, Why Naturally Laura...


(Now that's just sucking up to the music guy)


Batting cleanup, the first baseman, #10, Baseball Slant...




In the five hole, leftfielder, #3, Geek Giant...


(I'm not usually a fan of metal for at-bat songs, but this totally works)


Batting sixth and playing catcher, #55, LeSombre...




Batting seventh, rightfielder, lucky #13, Mighty Hunter...




In the eight spot, designated hitter, #7, Poppy Cede...


("Concrete jungle with free tomatoes!")


And batting ninth, the shortstop, #3, Cath68...




And on the mound, #99, right handed peeetcher, Down With Pants!...




So what would you pick for your at-bat music?

8 comments:

Dan said...

Aww man, I didn't know my dumb arse answer would be published. I don't even know what batting music is!

Allthough in the UK our version of baseball (rounders) is a girls game, so maybe my choice is still valid.

Unknown said...

Sweet!

Fun fact: I was playing catcher, but my number was 57. :-)

hello haha narf said...

you have the best at bat music. i've listened to it several times and i wanna swing a bat!

hello haha narf said...

i totally meant that in a good way!

baseballslant said...

That's quite a collection... I should make a dance mix of this. Or maybe not. Ha.

marty mankins said...

My vote is for Led Zep "Immigrant Song" That can be one of those hit and run the bases tunes.

Anonymous said...

My at-bat music would change weekly, if not daily. I think, right now, it would be Passion Pit "The Reeling".

Here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVstHPhaJ6M

Poppy said...

Love that song STILL, even if I'm a month and a half late to saying so.

My captcha: efulast

F U too, Blogger!

Subscribe