6/27/2006

Veronica Mars

Posted by Brandon |


Wow! We are officially on the bandwagon. You can count us in. Veronica Mars is the best show on television and we have become faithfully devoted fans.

Death? and I just wrapped up watching the first season and boy did it ever end good. What a season finale! I didn't see any of that coming. The last two episodes were mind blowers. Twist after turn after twist, all ridiculously well written and foreshadowed and completely believable. That is one of the best things about Veronica Mars, none of it feels forced and you don't sit there scratching your head at some joke of a plot twist because everything is foreshadowed throughout the season, we just didn't realize it at the time.

It's as if the brain dead monkeys that usually write network television were replaced by actual writers, what a concept. And they have adeptly created a world of characters that are complex and fascinating. Including Veronica, who, despite being the lead character and hero, is not infallible. In fact, she causes so many of the problems that is easy to love and be frustrated by her at the same time. Your root for her, but also cringe at the messes that she makes.

Add these complex characters with the well written mystery of a plot, a healthy amount of snarkiness, a killer cast of supporting actors and of course, the incomparable Kristin Bell in all of her glory, and you have, bar none, the best show on TV.

We are psyched for August 22nd when season two is released on DVD. Since we are very late to the game having just watched season one, I have been avoiding any websites or UPN or anything that might leak some information to me about what might go down. I want the anticipation to be at a fever pitch when we are finally able to watch it.

Over the weekend, we were in a bar in Santa Barbara and they had about five of their televisions tuned to the Angels game on UPN. When the game ended, Veronica Mars came on the screen and I nearly flipped out. I had to pull down my cap and divert my eyes just to make sure I didn't see anything I didn't want to know. It was really, really hard not to watch. Luckily the bartender changed the station within a few minutes and nothing was ruined, but still, it was a close call.

Even finding a picture to put on this post was an adventure. I was scared to death that some screencap would ruin it all for me. I can't wait for season two to be released so I can end this charade and really get down to fandom reading the message boards and fansites and whatnot. Only two months to go. I suggest you jump on the bandwagon with me if you haven't already. Go out and rent season one now!

4 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

You should read these two interviews with the creator.

Karl said...

Freaking' phenom show. Glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait for August, either. Wonder how many copies Netflix is going to get their hands on?

Cindy-Lou said...

I tried, I really did. I gave it two chances. I just couldn't get into it.

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

all i hear is how great this is from multiple friends. i've put it in my netflix queue to make up my own mind.

Subscribe