4/17/2004

Kill Bill Volume 2

Posted by Brandon |

gordon_liu4

First of all, let me preface this by saying that Kill Bill Volume 1, after a second viewing today, is one of my favorite movies. It is exciting, stylish and very fast-paced. One of the big criticisms of Volume 1 is that it lacks character development. This is true, it does lack virtually any character development, however I think it is one of the best things about the movie because it leaves us guessing and using our imagination (gasp!) to figure it out.

Kill Bill Volume 2 is none of these things. It is not as exciting, it is not as super stylish and it certainly isn't fast-paced. It is a long, plodding drama instead and yet it works in every way. I got exactly what I wanted out of it. I was satisfied with the character development that took up a quite a bit of this movie. I was satisfied by the answers given and yet I was still left with many questions that I will need to use my imagination to answer (I know, I know, this may be too much to ask).

The fight scenes were incredible again. It was funny at times and intense at others and has one of the most frightening scenes every filmed in which there is nothing on the screen for a good five minutes.

It's not a perfect film by any means and if you didn't care for Volume 1 then I promise you won't like Volume 2. But if you liked Volume 1 and you want some damn answers to the questions swirling in your head and some closure (kind of, there is some sequel potential that I am thinking of already) then this movie should work for you. Down With Pants! gives it two trousers down! (Our new equivalent to two thumbs up, pretty clever eh! eh!....uhh, maybe not...)

The Stranger's review - they didn't like it!
The Seattle Weekly's review - Neither did they! What gives?

0 comments:

Subscribe