The republican controlled Michigan House of Representatives passed a bill on Wednesday allowing health care workers to refuse service to anyone on moral, ethical or religious grounds. Pushed through by The Michigan Catholic Conference, the bill essentially means that doctors or health care providers cannot be punished if they do not treat a gay person because they are gay. The bill now goes to the Michigan Congress which is also republican controlled.

This is terrible. I really can't think of anything else to say. How this is a good idea even in the mind of the most conservative, religious person is beyond me. I've always prided myself on being able to see the other side of the coin. I'm very good at playing devil's advocate. But not in this case. It is pure evil. Quoting the person that forwarded this story to me, "I am now convinced Michigan Catholics are going straight to hell. Jesus would be very dissappointed"

0 comments:

Subscribe