Anyway, this meme was stolen from Kapgar who stole it from a bunch of other people. Here are the rules...
1. Put your mp3 player or music player on your computer on random.
2. Post the first four lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song (skip repeat artists).
3. Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
4. Don’t fucking cheat, you Google whores!
There are a couple of ones that I think are possible to get, but most of these are going to be really tough. So, one line underneath each group of lyrics, I've added the artist and song. All you have to do to see it is highlight that area if you are either stumped or sick of it all. Good luck. I'm not expecting much...
1. Everybody's here with me
(we) Got no camera to see
Don't think I'm not all in this world
The camera won't let me go
Gorillaz - Tomorrow Comes Today
2. The lack in the time, lost in the airport, all confusing
Bright of the lights, crazy designs
Answering machine checks for the hijacks, sees right thru me
No making jokes, security lines
Seaweed - Defender
3. Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find
I tried to reach for you, but you have closed your mind
Whatever happened to our love?
I wish I understood
ABBA - S.O.S.
4. Outside there's a box car waiting
Outside the family stew
Out by the fire breathing
Outside we wait 'til face turns blue
Pixies - Here Comes Your Man (Guessed by Becky)
5. It's been a long time
Now I'm coming back home
I've been away now
Oh how I've been alone
The Beatles - Wait (Guessed by Jen)
6. I'm sitting on the curb
By the empty parking lot
Of the store where they let me play the organ
I'm waiting for my ride
They Might Be Giants - A Self Called Nowhere (guessed by Dan)
7. How did anybody find out where I was?
How did anybody find that out?
I was hiding from the world, I was a squirrel.
You chopped down my tree to get my fur.
Strokes - Fear of Sleep
8. As a young girl
With your mother
On a sandy lawn
Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (Guessed by Grant Ruby)
9. I'm coming out of my cage
And I’ve been doing just fine
Gotta gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
The Killers - Mr. Brightside - (Guessed by Grant Ruby)
10. Shower in the dark day
Clean sparks driving down
Cool in the waterway
Where the baptized drown
Soundgarden - 4th of July - (Guessed by Grant Ruby)
11. In a little cabaret in a South Texas border town,
Sat a boy and his guitar, and the people came from all around.
And all the girls from there to Austin,
Were slippin' away from home and puttin' jewelery in hock.
Johnny Cash - Tennessee Flat-Top Box (Guessed by Death?)
12. We'd hit the bottom,
I thought it was my fault
And in a way I guess it was
I'm just now finding out
Ben Folds - Landed (Guessed by Anthony)
13. Time on your side that will never end
The most beautiful thing you can ever spend
But you work in a shirt with your name tag on it
Drifting apart like a plate tectonic
Lily Allen & Mark Ronson version (Kaiser Chiefs original) - Oh My God (Guessed by Shiny)
14. Oh, we're sinking like stones,
All that we fought for,
All those places we've gone,
All of us are done for.
Coldplay - Don't Panic (Guessed by martymankin's daughter)
15. Twenty-five the season off dope
Three sheets to the wind like a clothes line rope
He's a spider on the web
She's a tiny woman, he could sense
Rilo Kiley - 15 (Guessed by Hilly)
16. Just last night I woke from some unconscionable dream
And had it nailed to my forehead again
To keep this boat afloat
There are things you can't afford to know
The Shins - Fighting In a Sack
17. Josephs face was black as night
The pale yellow moon shone in his eyes
His path was marked
By the stars in the southern hemisphere
Paul Simon - Under African Skies (Guessed by Death?)
18. Oh, the gentlemen are talking and the midnight moon is on the riverside
They're drinking up and walking and it is time for me to slide
I live in another world where life and death are memorized
Where the earth is strung with lover's pearls and all I see are dark eyes.
Iron & Wine and Calexico version (Bob Dylan original) - Dark Eyes
19. Under the island... middle of a mountain
There is a big bad... boomin' system
Blowin' speakers... woofers and tweeters
Amplifiers... melted wires
Presidents of the United States - Volcano (Guessed by Becky)
20. Tell me how you get that shine
You must polish all the time
Though I know your job is thankless
They will thank you up in heaven
Soul Asylum - Sun Maid